Renunciation of Polish Citizenship
Under the Constitution of the Republic of Poland, a Polish citizen cannot lose Polish citizenship, unless at his/her own request. The loss of Polish citizenship is possible only after obtaining consent of the President of the Republic of Poland to the renunciation of Polish citizenship.
All applications and declarations should be in Polish, dated and signed. A copy of a Polish document should be certified by a consul. A foreign document should be translated into Polish and the translation certified by a consul. Vital records documents such as birth certificates and marriage certificates should be submitted in original.
The following documents should be submitted:
- application for renunciation to the President of the Republic of Poland
- copy of valid documents confirming Polish citizenship (ID, passport)
- certified copy of a document confirming the possession of another citizenship or a promise of its granting
- birth certificate issued by a Polish vital records office
- marriage certificate or other marital status certificate issued by a Polish vital records office
- statement that there are no legal proceedings pending against the applicant
- applicant's photograph
- signed biography.